Is Natal Racist?

Posted by Adam Johnson Jun 9, 2009












Microsoft may have a big problem on their hands. It's been speculated that Microsoft recently revealed motion control device Project Natal may not perform properly with dark complected gamers.

According to bitmob.com, "When game consultant and former Newsweek writer N'Gai Croal gave Paradise a test drive, the game had trouble reading his steering actions. The footwork (gas and brakes) worked fine, but Croal couldn't steer his car at all."

Surely Project Natal was tested on people of all colors right? Umm...Yeah. I hope so.

Before you run off to tell Spike Lee or the ACLU you might want to take a look at this...



Looked like it was working alright for those gents. I'm still in awe that Natal works as well as it does now in it's pre-alpha stage regardless of how light or dark the folks that were lucky enough to play are.

On a personal note, I have felt the icy sting of video game hardware racism. When the Nintendo DSi launched Wario Ware Snapped! was the first title I downloaded from the DSi Store. I'm a big fan of the Wario Ware series and was excited to play the newest instalment that's main "hook" was that the game is played only using the Nintendo DSi's built-in camera. I was crushed when I discovered that the game wouldn't register my face. Apparently I'm so pale that I was blending in with the background!

Somebody get my lawyer...

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. It certainly doesn't like Mexican wolf boys - http://www.xbox360-offers.co.uk/project-natal-mexican-wolfboys.asp

     
  3. Stuart Says:
  4. Maybe they'll have separate versions.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

Installed by CahayaBiru.com

Podcasts



Twitter

Recent Comments