Well, folks, "The Simpson's 20th Anniversary Special! In 3D! On Ice!", hosted by Mr. Morgan Spurlock, has just aired. What did I think? Well, I gotta be honest here, as interesting as much of it was I really wanted more. And I don't necessarily mean "more" as in quality or substance, I mean literally "MORE!"
Really, fellas, just one hour? You boast about it being the most successful television show ever and you thought one hour would suffice? Give me more interviews with actors,creators, or fans. Anything!
I want a Simpson celebration to get at least the same treatment that The Beatles got for their anthology in '95 on ABC. They got a six hour documentary, and they're not even that funny.
Also, if you are (or were, in light of the shows quality in these last few years) a Simpson's fan this special didn't really give you any information that you probably didn't already know. Nothing new under the Simpson sun, really.
The only novel contribution, at least for me, this special had to offer was a brief glimpse into the Simpson's fanbase in other parts of the world. I especially liked the citizens of Scotland feuding over Groundskeeper Willie's city of origin. It was also funny to see how many people, apparently, in Brazil couldn't take a joke.
So, overall, the special was decent, I'm always fascinated to hear fans/creators/actors talk about this phenomenon we call "The Simpsons", but its scope was too broad. Not enough details. Perhaps in another few decades a true and proper Simpson's retrospective will be made.
If I'm still alive I 'll definitely be checking it out, and hopefully, still, be quoting lines from the show everyday.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Installed by CahayaBiru.com

Podcasts



Twitter

Recent Comments