Live from Captivate!!

Posted by Stuart Apr 23, 2009



I'm excited to report that a friend of the site, Andy, has been invited to Capcom's media summit Captivate. He's bigapple3am on the Capcom unity blogs. This year it's from Monte Carlo, which to my understanding, is quite handsome.


From Andy's Blog:

Day 2 of Captivate 09 was a pretty impressive affair.

Here's the schedule that I got to see:

Spyborgs - I spent some time talking to Sven and CapKraig about this game and a lot of time talking to d.a.r.y.l. about this game. I will have more to say about this one later, but I think there is a lot for Capcom fans to get excited about with this one. Just wait and see.

Dead Rising 2- You know what I can't say about DR2? Anything. It looks like everything that was magical about the first one multiplied by 100. Oh, and Shaolin Cowboy has been officially one-upped.

Dark Void - What sucks about jet-packs? Absolutely nothing. I don't think you've seen anything yet to show you the amount of potential that this one has.

Bionic Commando- The multiplayer was really fun. I can't wait to talk about it, and I can't wait to play more and more and more of it.

Hands on Play - I got to get my hands on Spyborgs, Dark Void, BC, and Mystery game #1. I was not disappointed. Detailed impressions soon.

Just as exciting as the games was getting to see the city. We dined at the Café de Paris. It was a 20 minute walk from the hotel and the sights were unbelievable. The architecture is really beautiful here, and it's equally impressive to see the buildings resting on the sides of splendid mountains. I'll have lots of pictures when I get back to the states.

The night took another classy turn as I was invited to party with the good people of the press and Capcom's finest on a yacht. I got to meet a lot of really interesting people, and the conversations about the ins and outs of Capcom were really fascinating. Everyone that I've met has been really great and the experience has been one of a kind.

Up next is the blog for day 3. After that I will be doing a photo-heavy blog about the experience of Captivate 09 itself before diving into my in-depth impressions of the games post-media embargo.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the experience, and let me know what you would be interested in reading about.



Thanks, for the insight Andy!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Installed by CahayaBiru.com

Podcasts



Twitter

Recent Comments