Waltz With Bashir Score by Max Richter

Posted by Stuart Feb 20, 2009


Go ahead, listen to it. It's absolutely beautiful. I'm going to see this one next week when it comes out here. The strange thing is I'm usually drawn to listening to movie/game soundtracks out of a feeling of nostalgia for the game or movie. That is to say that I want the music to color my life in the same way it does the film or game that they're from. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I still have a fond affinity for this score. When the composer was asked about the familiar feel of the music he replied:

Although the bulk of the score is all original work there are two "found objects" that inhabit a couple of cues. They are both piano pieces: the slow movement of Schubert D.959 and the well known "funeral march" from the Chopin Op.35. I used these fragments in the film after discussing with Ari his reasons for including the Schubert in the original trailer - turns out his mother was a pianist and that these pieces meant something to him personally. So it made perfect sense to refer to this material in a couple of scenes.

Anyway, read the interview with Max Richter on the Playlist.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Installed by CahayaBiru.com

Podcasts



Twitter

Recent Comments