The Jay Leno Show. He's Back!!!!

Posted by Shane Sep 15, 2009



It's been a couple of months now, but funny man Jay Leno is back doing what he does best: Late night comedy. Well, not so late now, I guess. He's on at 10pm instead of his original 11:30pm slot, now taken over by Conan O'Brien.
So you can sit back for an hour, have a few chuckles hopefully, watch your local crappy news, and then prepare yourself for two more hours of late night comedy with Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon. Wow!
Really NBC? 3 hours of this stuff? Let's hope it goes well.
The show itself is basically the same stuff you saw Leno do on the Tonight Show, just a few bits rearranged, and with a new set. Jay hasn't changed, and his brand of not so over the top comedy hasn't changed either, and that's fine with me. I always liked him on the Tonight Show.
You want quirky, watch Conan.
A bit of a surprise, though, came when Jay got a little serious when talking with Kanye "the accoster" West about his VMA incident. I felt like I was watching a shrink talk with his patient.
But overall, solid show. It's very chuckle worthy. And what more could you ask for on free tv entertainment?

2 comments

  1. Stuart Says:
  2. I wondered how this would turn out. Was it pretty funny? Do you think this will help or hurt Conan's already dismal numbers?

     
  3. Shane Says:
  4. It was as funny as anything Leno has done in the past. Which, I felt, was always adequate. I didn't know Conan's numbers were so dismal. Are they?
    I could see this show, if it takes off, hurting Conan possibly even more, especially with older audiences.
    With Jay's new show, people who were settling for Conan for the last few months will have no reason to watch the Tonight Show now.
    I hope it doesn't hurt him, though.
    We'll see, won't we?

     

Post a Comment

Installed by CahayaBiru.com

Podcasts



Twitter

Recent Comments