ATM: What I did this week.

Posted by Stuart Aug 12, 2009



Not that you'd care, but this is a blog after all. Since it's summer and I recently finished school, I've had plenty of time to enjoy all the meats of our cultural stew (pardon the Simpsonsism). Let's go down the list shall we?

First: Old Games
I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 1943, trying to level up my character, I'm at level 24/50. This game has become increasingly enjoyable since I've become adept at capturing bases. I've been playing sniper more often than not which really affects your close range game if you haven't had the chance to hone it. I finally got all the achievements for this one, but I don't think I'm going to give it up any time soon.

On the other hand, I've also been playing a lot of Street Fighter IV. Again, I've been trying to level up. I recently reached G1-E which the second highest level. Match making is a little more difficult but the level of competition is much better than G2. But I must admit that since I've reached G1 my compulsion to play the game so regularly has dwindled a bit.

Second: New Game
I've purchased the game TMNT: Turtles In Time Reshelled. Which I haven't played much, because there's not to much to it. It was pretty fun for a 10$ game, though 4 player action was hectic. Look for a video review in the coming days.



Third: Movies
I recently had the chance to watch Time Crimes, which was pleasantly surprising. ***Spoiler Snitch***
The story is that of a man who sees a beautiful young girl disrobing in the forest getting murdered by a mysterious masked man, and pursues the two. I was so sure that I had this movie figured out in the first five minutes, but the movie really doesn't try to spring any surprises on you since the plot twist I predicted happened fairly early on. This movie is about inevitability and disaster, and I must say, is probably the best movie on the subject of time travel I've ever seen. It's not a movie that's power lies in a reveal at the end of the film, though there is one, it's a movie that examines the consequences of time travel in a more meaningful way than Back to the Future ever could.



I also had the chance to watch was Who Killed the Electric Car. This documentary puts the blame squarely on you, the viewer. Just kidding, but it actually does put the blame for holding back the electric car to some extent on the viewer, as well as car companies and oil refineries. This is a flavorless little documentary that really doesn't have any rhythm. It's pretty bland and seems only somewhat informative. The interviews are pretty crazy, in one Mel Gibson has a huge black and white beard and the street testimonials seemed down right phony. Two thumbs down on this one.



And by the way my new Xbox avatar has bike messenger style thanks to Sam Fisher.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Installed by CahayaBiru.com

Podcasts



Twitter

Recent Comments